TGPC Nonpoint Source Task Force
On April 22, 2015, the Nonpoint Source Task Force was deactivated and its responsibilities and focus areas were incorporated into the Groundwater Issues Subcommittee. The information below is maintained as a historical record. Please note that this webpage is not regularly maintained and some of the links under the Additional Resources heading may now be broken.
The purpose of the Nonpoint Source (NPS) Task Force was to facilitate and formalize the groundwater NPS program in Texas and to provide support and guidance for the groundwater NPS management policy of the state. The primary goal of the Task Force was to prevent/abate NPS pollution of groundwater.
The Task Force was charged with ensuring consistency of activities with the Texas NPS Management Plan and the Groundwater Protection Plan. The Task Force provided input for the Nonpoint Source Pollution Management Program Annual Report to the EPA; updated the state NPS assessment of groundwater conditions and NPS management strategy for groundwater resources; facilitated the review and submission of NPS project proposals for the annual EPA Clean Water Act, Section 319 (h) funding cycle; and provided input related to groundwater to the TSSWCB and the TCEQ for their management plans.
A more detailed explanation of the Task Force’s goals was provided in its Task Force Charge.
The following links are provided to assist in identifying potential nonpoint source pollution issues affecting groundwater in the state.
- TWDB and TDLR Submitted Drillers Reports (SDR) Database, http://www.twdb.texas.gov/groundwater/data/drillersdb.asp
- TWDB Groundwater Data Viewer, http://www2.twdb.texas.gov/apps/WaterDataInteractive/GroundWaterDataViewer
- TCEQ Water Well Report Viewer, http://www.tceq.texas.gov/gis/waterwellview.html
- TCEQ Source Water Assessment Viewer, http://www.tceq.texas.gov/gis/swaview
- TCEQ Texas Drinking Water Watch, http://dww2.tceq.texas.gov/DWW/
- TAGD, http://www.texasgroundwater.org/
- USGS National Water Information System, http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis
- TCEQ Interagency Pesticide Database (IPD), http://www.tceq.texas.gov/groundwater/pesticides.html#ipd
- TWDB Aquifers of Texas (2011), http://www.twdb.texas.gov/publications/reports/numbered_reports/doc/R380_AquifersofTexas.pdf
- TGPC Joint Groundwater Monitoring and Contamination Report (Annual), Publications
- TCEQ Texas Integrated Report for Clean Water Act Sections 305(b) and 303(d) (Biennial), http://www.tceq.texas.gov/waterquality/assessment/305_303.html
- TWDB Anthropogenic Contamination in Texas Aquifers (2011), http://www.twdb.texas.gov/publications/reports/contracted_reports/doc/1004831126_gwcontamination.pdf
- Graphics Plates (65 MB), http://www.twdb.texas.gov/publications/reports/contracted_reports/doc/1004831126_Vol%20IIPlates.pdf
- TWDB Naturally Occurring Groundwater Contamination in Texas (2011), http://www.twdb.texas.gov/publications/reports/contracted_reports/doc/1004831125.pdf
- TWC Ground Water Quality of Texas – An Overview of Natural and Man-Affected Conditions (1989), http://www.twdb.texas.gov/publications/reports/other_reports/doc/miscreport89-01/R89-01.asp
- DRASTIC Aquifer Vulnerability Ranking Maps for Texas can be found at this link in the Plates Section
- USGS National Water-Quality Assessment Program (NAWQA), http://water.usgs.gov/nawqa/
- TGPC Texas Groundwater Protection Strategy, http://www.tceq.texas.gov/assets/public/comm_exec/pubs/as/188.pdf
- TGPC Texas State Management Plan for Prevention of Pesticide Contamination of Groundwater (2001), http://www.tceq.texas.gov/groundwater/pesticides.html
- TCEQ/TSSWCB Texas Nonpoint Source Management Program (2012), http://www.tceq.texas.gov/waterquality/nonpoint-source/mgmt-plan/index.html
- Texas Groundwater Conservation Districts, http://www.tceq.texas.gov/groundwater/districts.html
- TCEQ Source Water Assessment Program, http://www.tceq.texas.gov/drinkingwater/SWAP
- TCEQ/TSSWCB Watershed Planning
- Watershed Protection Plans, http://www.tsswcb.texas.gov/en/wpp
- Total Maximum Daily Loads and Implementation Plans, http://www.tceq.texas.gov/waterquality/tmdl/index.html
Well Testing Resources
- TCEQ list of accredited laboratories, http://www.tceq.state.tx.us/assets/public/compliance/compliance_support/qa/txnelap_lab_list.pdf
- Texas AgriLife Extension
- TGPC Public Outreach and Education Subcommittee, http://www.tgpc.state.tx.us/tgpc-subcommittees/tgpc-public-outreach-and-education-subcomittee
The Nonpoint Source Task Force was comprised of interested TGPC member agencies and individuals. The Task Force met on an as-needed basis. Meetings were open to the public.